Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most common questions asked about enrollment and coverage for Account Shield Plus.
- What can Account Shield Plus do for me?
If an eligible person experiences a qualifying event and all the requirements for benefit activation are satisfied, Account Shield Plus will provide a debt cancellation benefit. It will either cancel all or part of your eligible Account balance. Additional details for specific qualifying events may be reviewed within the Terms and Conditions
- Who is eligible?
An eligible person means you, the joint account holder, and spouse. Spouse means the person you are legally married to or who is recognized legally as your domestic partner. To activate benefits for your spouse, you must prove that this person is recognized as your legal partner.
- What is a qualifying event?
Qualifying events for Account Shield Plus include:
- Business Hardship
- Involuntary Unemployment
- Leave of Absence
- Identity Theft
- Displacement from Home
- Property Damage
- Skilled Nursing / Hospitalization
- Disability / Hospitalization of Immediate Family Member
- Divorce / Separation
- Call to Active Duty
- Life Events (Marriage, Birth or Adoption of a Child, Move to a new residence or Purchase of a New Home, New Job, Retirement, Entry into College program, and Milestone Birthdays)
- Loss of Life
- What is the cost of Account Shield Plus and how will I be billed?
You'll receive the Account Shield Plus plan for only $1.39 per $100 of your average daily balance. This fee will be conveniently included on your monthly credit card statement so you don't have to worry about writing a separate check or missing a plan payment.
- If I have a zero balance on my card, am I charged a fee?
If your average daily balance is zero at the end of your billing period, there is no cost for Account Shield Plus.
- How do I report a qualifying event to use my Account Shield Plus benefits?
To activate benefits or if you have any questions, please contact the Administrator at 1-800-365-6256 between 8:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. EST Monday through Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST, except for federal holidays.
Benefit activation forms and verification should be sent to the address listed below. Please include your name, account number, and benefit activation number (once assigned) on each sheet of paper you provide to the Administrator.
PO Box 914
New Castle, Delaware 19720
- When does protection begin?
Your protectection began the day you enrolled.
- How do I know when my benefit has been approved?
When your benefit request is approved, you will receive a letter from Debt Protection Program Administrator, Administrator of Account Shield Plus, advising your benefit has been approved.
- Do I get charged for requesting forms to activate benefits?
No. There is no fee for requesting a benefit activation form.
- How long does it take to activate the benefit?
It doesn't take long to process your benefit activation request. To ensure prompt handling, we recommend you review your documentation carefully for completeness prior to mailing. Omitted information will result in a letter requesting the incomplete data.
Once we receive your completed documentation, a decision is made within 7 to 10 business days, and you will be advised of your benefit status in writing. You can also obtain status on your benefit request by calling the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-365-6256.